Monday, August 29, 2011

Tag on Bag

Wrapping gifts and making them look pretty and different is one of my favorite things to do.  I really don't like to use the gift bags.  I know they are very convenient, quick and easy and pretty, but I just think when you give someone a gift that you have taken the time to wrap, it makes them feel like you really care about them.  Maybe that's just the way I feel.  I don't know. 

Anyway, I usually try to do something really unique and different when I decorate a gift.  This past Saturday, I went to a bridal shower, and I succumbed to using a gift bag.  It was a beautiful white on white with velvety embossed flowers on it.  The bag was pretty enough, but I wanted something extra.  

Here's what I did.
(Hang on..... this is REALLY simple,  I promise!)

 I had actually bought the card with this idea in mind. I took the ribbon handle that was in the bag and tied it to the ribbon on the card on the outside of the bag. The card had an opening in it which said, "A Wedding Wish".




I know, it's just simple little project, but it kinda changes it up just a little.  It works when you are in a hurry.  The person you are giving the gift to doesn't have to open the envelope, and it is easy to get to to see who gave the gift. 
Just make sure the bag and the card match or compliment each other.

OK, so that's my "Gleaning" for the day.  I hope someone can use this idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment