Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Cherished

As I have been trying to decide how to end this series of 14 Days of Valentines, I thought of this song.  I have heard it sung at several different weddings.  As far as I know neither Lonnie or I have ever sung it, and actually it is not the style of music that we even listen to, but I have always loved the lyrics to this song.  It seems to sum up the other 13 posts and what I want my Valentine to know on this Valentines Day, February 14, 2012  If you were listening to the actual song with the music, you might be crying as you read this.  I don't want you to cry!  Even though, I'm a little weepy myself since the subject of these posts is away in a meeting today.  So, I will insert some pictures in here and there.......some of them never seen before, just for fun ones!

Cherish the Treasure

I cherish the treasure
The treasure of you

Lifelong companion
I give myself to you


God has enabled me
To walk with you faithfully


And cherish the treasure
The treasure of you

As I obey the Spirit's voice
And seek to do His will
I then can see the wisdom of His plan


For as He works His will in me
I then can love you selflessly
And by His grace, can pledge my love to you





This sacred vow I make to you
Does not contain an "if"







Though I'm aware that trials lie ahead
I will love you and pray with you
And through it all, I will stay with you





Our home will be a refuge of
Unconditional love


Cherish the treasure
The treasure of you





Gail

                                                                                                  
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, TO MY SWEETHEART, who, by the way is reading all these posts today!
You can click here one Day one of 14 Days of Valentines to start all over.  I know you just can't wait!

You can also read my husband's response to these posts here.  He "hijacked" my blog. It was sweet, though; I didn't mind!

Thanks to all of you who have stayed with me for this my first series!
--
Gail

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful example you are to younger wives on how to love and cherish our husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this was great Gail, loved seeing all the pictures. Also the island top was beautiful. You have a wonderful family and I am so blessed to know you all. Love, your pal forever, Becky

    ReplyDelete