Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Pretty Peonies from Papa!


Look at this beautiful bouquet of Peonies (I think that's what they're called) that my father-in-law (better known as "Papa"), picked for me. 

He has a bush in his yard that is ENORMOUS!  He knows how much I love these flowers, and so that's why he picked them.  Isn't that sweet!

and that's not all......

He said that I deserved them!  I thought that was so swee!

They smell wonderful!  We actually have some of these flowers in our yard as well, but I was still thankful for the thoughtfulness of my "papa"-in-law!

Does anyone else have a Peony bush or bouquet?





I'm linking to Missy's Thursdays, Trinkets and Treasures.  She isn't feeling well, so I want to share this bouquet with her in hopes that it will make her feel better!

5 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! It's lovely and hope it will make her feel better! Hopped over from Treasures and Trinkets...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Gail!! :) How wonderfully sweet of your papa in law, what a blessing he must be! I have a peony bush in my front yard...it's the color of pale pink cotton candy and oh so beautiful! :)
    Did you get the link I sent you via twitter? It's for an upcoming bloggers day on June 18th. I had told Traci about it, but not sure she's going or not yet...I thought it might be fun if we all went together. It will start in Indiana and work back down toward Louisville..I believe that's what it said. It's for bloggers in the KY, Indiana, Ohio area. Just thought you might be interested. The details are on Gail's blog, My Repurposed Life. :)
    Thanks for linking up your peonies...they made me smile! (and I'm feeling a lot better today..just a sore throat now) :)
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail,

    This is my first visit to your blog via the Treasures and Trinkets party. Your "Papa" (in-law) is as sweet as the peonies he gave you. Isn't it nice that he recalled how much you admired them and thought of you? His kind gesture will outlast the beautiful blooms.
    I live in an old Victorian farmhouse that is surrounded by acres of flowers and this is peony season! Stop by and see. I invite you to enter my cottage charm give-away as well. Lots of Vintage and antique items (28)!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gail..I Love your childhood memory of your purple dress and the creeping phlox! :) I absolutely love hearing about people's childhood memories...it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :)
    I'm so glad we got to meet! :)
    Hope you have a great 3 day weekend...I'm so excited to have my hubby home for 3 days in a row! :)
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Gail,
    I found your blog. It is great! I love the pics of your house and also that you are a Christian and bless all who enter here with scripture and God's blessings. It is great to meet you!
    Katie of KayteeJanes House

    ReplyDelete